Monday, August 15, 2011

HELLO ROME!

Well, I made it safely to Rome, Italy!! It's currently going on 11am here, so that's about 5am Michigan time, or 4am Oklahoma/Texas time. Both of my flights were very peaceful, and I was able to keep my bags underweight, so I only had $70 in baggage fees!! Even going through customs was very quick! The second flight overseas was on the biggest plane I had ever been on! It was two seats on each side, and then 5 or 6 in the middle :) There was a little screen on the back of each seat so we were able to watch movies, and they also had a map that tracked the plane's journey across the sea! It was pretty neat! I slept for all of my first flight, which was about 5 hours, and then about half of the second flight, which was 7 and a half. We landed in Rome at about 7:50am, and then made it to the hotel around 10am (it takes a lot of time to get baggage for over 15 people, and THEN wait for a shuttle to the hotel!) So now, we are all waiting in the hotel lobby to get checked into our rooms! Good thing the wifi is free! :)

I'm still hoping to get into the city later today, even if only for a little bit. I want to see a little bit of Rome while I'm still awake! (Btw, I'm not feeling much of jetlag yet!) Tomorrow we are getting picked up at 6am to head toward Civitavecchia to board the ms Noordam!!!!!! OMGOODNESS I still can't believe that I'm in Italy right now!!!! It's so crazy! Nothing looks really different yet, but we're literally still by the airport, so hopefully I'll feel like I'm in Italy when I hit up the city later =)

That's all for now! I'll keep you all posted when I can!! SENDING MY LOVE!!! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment